Are you a believer that wine should only be enjoyed with Western food? Some people I know make a weird, unbelievable face when they heard about wine and chinese food pairing, or wine and indian food pairing, etc. Well, actually you can pair your wine with any food as long as you enjoy it.
In this blog, I will share my own experience when pairing wine with dimsum/ yumcha.
I was amazed by the combination of taste between wine and dimsum. So delicious and tempting! Talking about dimsum, I lovee dimsum and I enjoy it so much when I try the pairing between these duo things that I love, wine and dimsum.
As you know, dimsum always prepared in a small bite-sized portions and it means, having so many plates in a table is soo normal even if it’s just for a few people only (i love it haha). Normally, it is served with tea. But trying it with wine will be your new experience. So, why not?
Wait no more, let’s jump back to the pairing ideas. You can try to pair them on Chinese New Year (good idea right? try them and thank me later).
So these are the few pairings for you to try:
- Rose d’Anjou with Fried Dimsum, especially Fried Yam Cake and Stir-Fried Carrot Cake
- Chenin Blanc with oily yet tasty dimsum, like Steamed Pork Ribs
- Medium-dry Riesling, Champagne and Prosecco with Seafood Dumpling, like Har Gao (Prawn Dumpling)
- Pinot Noir with Siu Mai (Pork Dumpling)
- Gerwurztraminer with Xiao Long Bao (Soup Dumpling)
- Torrontes with Sweet Roasted Chicken Wings
- German Riesling with Roasted Pork Belly
Anyway, above’s ideas are just for you who want something sure. But if you are a tongue explorers who love surprises and want to try other pairing, go for it! Pairing is supposed to be fun, not the other way round. So enjoy your time indulging your favorite food and wine and have fun!